Digital Infastructure Associate
Position: Digital Infrastructure Associate
Location: Hybrid, based in North Carolina & Triangle-Area preferred
Desired start date: February 1, 2023
Hours per week: Full-time, salaried, 40 hours per week
Supervisor: Director of Digital Infrastructure
Compensation: Base pay is $44,000 with increases depending on relevant experience, with 90 day review, plus competitive benefits package
Position Summary: The Southern Vision Alliance (SVA) is looking for an experienced, detail-oriented, responsive, patient, and accountable abolitionist with a background in data entry, database management, cybersecurity, technical support, and/or nonprofit management.
The Digital Infrastructure Associate will be the first point of contact for SVA’s 50+ sponsored programs and projects. This person will be responsible for providing support and training to partners through our many digital tools, including a CRM database, mass text and email communications, workflow automation software, websites, and other software alongside the other members of the digital team. This position is also responsible for digital security practices across our organization.
- Relate to day-to-day requests and management of digital communications tools, including but not limited to Powerbase, text messaging, websites, etc., particularly as they relate to core organizational functions
- Coordinate with SVA departments, programs, projects, grantees and partners to employ digital tools in service organizing, systems management, and other needs as they arise
- Identify opportunities for SVA to provide thought leadership political questions around the movement and technology
- Help to bring more focus to how digital tools are employed as part of base-building organizing, particularly work led by SVA projects
- Develop and execute trainings for staff, projects, and grantees on use and best practices related to digital communications tools, particularly in the service of base-building organizing
- Ensure that digital security best practices are being adhered to within the organization and are regularly shared with partners
- Maintain infrastructure related to receiving and tracking donations, grants, etc.
- Lead trainings to support digital competency around organizational softwares and cybersecurity practices
- Provide support to other special organizational projects as needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Clear and demonstrated commitment to SVA’s core values of social justice, racial justice, and collective liberation
- Familiarity with social media platforms, content management systems (CMS), WordPress, and email marketing tools.
- Basic understanding of SEO principles and web analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics).
- Creative mindset with a knack for visual storytelling through multimedia content
- Ability to play a supportive role to a diverse group of people
- Good attitude and team-oriented
- Ability to meet deadlines and remain self-motivated
- Attention to detail and willingness to patiently work with partners
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong digital storytelling abilities
- Experience with marketing for nonprofit organizations
- Facilitation and organizing experience
- Experience with…
- WordPress / Divi
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Google Analytics
WHAT IS THE SOUTHERN VISION ALLIANCE
Southern Vision Alliance (SVA) is a values-based “grassroots intermediary” organized to provide infrastructure, capacity building, coaching, and technical assistance to groups and projects led by youth and directly-impacted communities.
SVA supports emergent grassroots groups and efforts organizing for social, racial, economic, gender, and environmental justice in the U.S. South. We build movement infrastructure, mobilize resources, and incubate collaborative solidarity.
SVA is headquartered in Durham, NC and supports a diverse cohort of fiscally sponsored projects, groups and funds across North Carolina.
People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to a diverse workplace and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.
SVA is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discriminatory employment actions and treatment against employees and applicants for employment based on actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, familial status, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, and/or past incarceration.