Southern Vision Alliance (SVA) is seeking a Part-time Executive Associate to join our team!
Who is SVA?
The Southern Vision Alliance (SVA) is a “grassroots intermediary” nonprofit organized to provide infrastructure, capacity-building, and assistance to groups and projects led by directly-impacted communities, with a special emphasis on youth-centered, youth-directed work. SVA supports leadership development and base-building programs with a pro-democracy agenda that work for social, racial, economic, gender, Education, LGBTQ, and environmental justice, in the US South.
This position will be responsible for supporting an efficient, effective, healthy, and productive workplace. They will oversee calendar coordination, inbox management, and task management for the SVA leadership team and executive directors. Support the Co-Executive Directors and Operations staff with notetaking, errands, calendar coordination, travel coordination, drafting memos and reports, fundraising support and donor development, and other ad hoc project coordination. They will work directly under the Co-Directors.
Qualities and Experience:
- Preferred 2+ years of office management, project management, or related experiences.
- Must be able to work onsite at the Durham, NC office 2-3 times per week.
- List and detail oriented, excellent at meeting deadlines, working independently, and holding multiple tasks at once.
- Ability to exhibit patience and pay close attention to detail.
- Demonstrated commitment to deep equity, racial justice, and gender-identity sensitivity.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Demonstrated support for youth leadership, LGBTQI leadership, and the leadership of young people of color.
- This is a part-time position at 20 hours/week.
- Initial contract will be for a period of 6-months with a review at 3 months and opportunities for advancement.
- Application is open until filled.
- People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply. We are committed to a diverse workplace and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.
- SVA is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discriminatory employment actions and treatment against employees and applicants for employment based on actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, familial status, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, and/or past incarceration.
- All candidates will be evaluated on a merit basis.
- Starting salary range is $20,000, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and includes a benefits allowance.
Please submit resume and cover letter outlining your interest, qualifications, and three references, by April 21, 2019 to email@example.com