Who is SVA?
The Southern Vision Alliance (SVA) is a “grassroots intermediary” nonprofit organized to provide infrastructure, capacity-building, and assistance to groups and projects led by directly-impacted communities, with a special emphasis on youth-centered, youth-directed work. SVA supports leadership development and base-building programs with a pro-democracy agenda that work for social, racial, economic, gender, Education, LGBTQ, and environmental justice, in the US South.
This position will be responsible for curating and facilitating a healthy, vibrant, productive, effective, and restorative workplace. They will oversee Human Resources, maintain office systems, and manage the physical assets of the organization, including vehicles, technology, etc. Support the Executive Director and Operations staff with staff meetings, retreats, calendar coordination, travel coordination, event planning, and other ad hoc project coordination. They will work directly under the Executive Director and support operations and program staff of the organization.
Qualities and Experience:
- Preferred ~5 years of office management, HR, or related experience.
- Must be able to work onsite at the Durham, NC office.
- List and detail oriented, excellent at meeting deadlines, working independently, and holding multiple tasks at once.
- Ability to exhibit patience and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to self-direct and take initiative on multiple projects at once
- Demonstrated commitment to deep equity, racial justice, and gender-identity sensitivity.
- An orientation around Holistic care and how that intersects with cultivating healthy workplaces.
- Strong communication skills and ability to cultivate a sense of office community.
- Demonstrated support for youth leadership, LGBTQI leadership, and the leadership of young people of color.
- This is a full time position at 35-40 hours/week.
- Initial contract will be for a period of 2-years with a 6-month review with opportunities to continue employment for the long-term.
- Application is open until filled.
- People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to a diverse workplace and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.
- SVA is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discriminatory employment actions and treatment against employees and applicants for employment based on actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, familial status, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, and/or past incarceration.
- All candidates will be evaluated on a merit basis.
- Compensation range is $48,000-$54,000, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and includes a generous benefit package.
- Please submit resume and cover letter outlining your interest, qualifications, and three professional references, by November 15, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org