Position: Development Associate
Hours/week: 40 hours per week
Desired Start Date: August 1, 2023 or sooner
Compensation: Starts at $44,000 with an increase based on experience
Benefits: Includes health, dental, vision, health reimbursement account, dependent care
reimbursement account, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, 401k
retirement plan and more
Location: Anywhere in North Carolina, occasional travel to Durham, NC office
Worker Classification: Full-time, non-exempt, at-will, regular employee
Application deadline: Position open until filled. Please apply by July 3, 2023.
The Southern Vision Alliance (SVA) is looking for a detail-oriented person with at least two years of fundraising experience to support the SVA Development Team. This person must have a demonstrated commitment to SVA’s mission, vision, and values.
● Clear and demonstrated commitment to SVA’s core values of social justice, racial justice, and collective liberation in the US South
● Clear and demonstrated commitment to working with groups that represent marginalized populations
● Accountable, proactive, and communicative
● At least two years of experience in fundraising and grant writing
● Skilled at creating and managing spreadsheets (Excel, GoogleDocs, etc.)
● Strong narrative writing skills, experience in story-telling
● Cooperative, healthy ego in service to the work
● Manage relationships with current and potential funders (grantors and individuals)
● Work to help secure multi-year general operating and program funds
● Suggest improvements or modifications for standard operating procedures related to foundations and donor relations
● Develop, launch, manage and evaluate a new sustainers/regular donors program
● Support the development director with grant proposals and reports
● Review, edit, approve grant proposals and reports
● Manage quarterly reports for program officers and major donors
● Create/review fundraising pitches for various programs and the organization
● Research and prospect new potential revenue sources and foundation relationships
● Must be able to attend weekly development meetings on Zoom and occasional in-person
meetings in Durham, NC.
● Supervised by Manzoor Cheema
● Report to supervisor
● Collaborate with staff to complete responsibilities
Submit the following to email@example.com:
● Subject line: “SVA Development Associate application for <YOUR NAME>”
● Please attach the following:
o a cover letter, and
o three references, including a recent supervisor and colleague (name, phone,
email, relationship to you).
About Southern Vision Alliance
Southern Vision Alliance (SVA) is a justice centered values-based “grassroots intermediary” organized to provide incubation, infrastructure, capacity building, coaching, and technical assistance to frontline organizing projects, leadership programs, and collaborations led by directly-impacted communities in the US South. We are an anchor for frontline groups and leaders to disrupt and transform power for collective liberation.
SVA is headquartered in Durham, NC and supports a diverse cohort of fiscally sponsored projects and groups across North Carolina.
People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to a diverse workplace and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.
SVA is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discriminatory employment actions and treatment against employees and applicants for employment based on actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, familial status, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, and/or past incarceration.