Digital Infrastructure Coordinator
Location: Remote, based in the Southern US
Desired start date: December 1, 2022
Hours per week: Full-time, salaried, 40 hours per week
Supervisor: Director of Digital Infrastructure
Compensation: Base pay is $52,000 with increases depending on relevant experience, with 90 day review, plus competitive benefits package
Position Summary: The Southern Vision Alliance (SVA) is looking for an experienced, detail-oriented, responsive, and patient person with a background in communications and/or database management.
The Digital Infrastructure Coordinator will be responsible for providing communications and technical support for sponsored projects and SVA programs. This person must have a demonstrated commitment to SVA’s mission, vision, and values.
- Relate to day-to-day management of digital communications tools, including but not limited Powerbase, text messaging, websites, etc., particularly as they relate to core organizational functions
- Maintain Powerbase, CRM email database
- Data entry and data cleanup
- Create petitions, event pages, and donation pages for SVA projects
- Produce and analyze reports based on donations, newsletters, and events
- Troubleshooting with SVA projects
- Support hosting and design for WordPress websites
- Domain setup, site configuration, and installation of WordPress
- Regularly applying site updates
- Testing and workshopping with project or program
- Publish new blog posts using SEO
- Facilitate ongoing technical support for sponsored organizations
- Survey members of projects and organizations on program needs
- Schedule and facilitate workshops on skills and projects
- Prompt email responsiveness to projects and programs
- Ensure systems are in place for digital tools and monitor metrics
- Coordinate with SVA departments, programs, projects, grantees and partners to employ digital tools in service organizing, systems management, and other needs as they arise
- Help to bring more focus to how digital tools are employed as part of base-building organizing, particularly work led by SVA projects
- Ensure that digital security best practices are being adhered to within the organization and are regularly shared with partners and staff
- Maintain digital infrastructure related to receiving and tracking donations, grants, etc.
- Provide support to other special organizational projects as needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Clear and demonstrated commitment to SVA’s core values of social justice, racial justice, and collective liberation
- Ability to play a supportive role to a diverse group of people
- Good attitude and team-oriented
- Ability to meet deadlines and remain self-motivated
- Attention to detail and willingness to patiently work with partners
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and WordPress
- Database management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Facilitation and organizing experience
WHAT IS THE SOUTHERN VISION ALLIANCE
Southern Vision Alliance (SVA) is a values-based “grassroots intermediary” organized to provide infrastructure, capacity building, coaching, and technical assistance to groups and projects led by youth and directly-impacted communities.
SVA supports emergent grassroots groups and efforts organizing for social, racial, economic, gender, and environmental justice in the U.S. South. We build movement infrastructure, mobilize resources, and incubate collaborative solidarity.
SVA is headquartered in Durham, NC and supports a diverse cohort of fiscally sponsored projects, groups and funds across North Carolina.
Submit an email with the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Subject line: Digital Infrastructure Coordinator
- In the body of the email include:
- A cover letter describing your interest in the position, and relevant experiences
- Three references, including someone who can attest to your Spanish-language competency if applicable (name, phone, gmail, relationship to you)
- A short bio of yourself
- Include the best way to contact you
- Attach a copy of your resume
- Position open until filled.
People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to a diverse workplace and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.
SVA is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discriminatory employment actions and treatment against employees and applicants for employment based on actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, familial status, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, and/or past incarceration.