Organization: Southern Vision Alliance
Position: Frontline Funds Associate
Hours/week: 20 hours per week
Duration of Contract: May 1 – Dec 31, 2021 with a 90-day review
Desired Start Date: June 1, 2021 or sooner
Compensation: $18,000 – $20,000 depending on experience
Category: Part-time, non-exempt employee
Application deadline: Position open until filled. Please apply by May 15, 2021.
The Southern Vision Alliance (SVA) is looking for a detail-oriented person to support the Frontline Funds program. This person must have a demonstrated commitment to SVA’s mission, vision, and values.
- Clear and demonstrated commitment to SVA’s core values of social justice, racial justice, and collective liberation
- Clear and demonstrated commitment to working with groups that represent marginalized populations
- Accountable, proactive, and communicative
- Administrative assistant experience
- Skilled at creating and managing spreadsheets (Excel, DocuSign etc.)
- Able to take regular calls and be responsive to contingencies
- Able to build and mobilize strong local networks
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about moving others to action
- Low & healthy ego
- Bilingual Spanish and English speaker preferred
- Support with fundraising efforts for Frontline Funds
- Communicate with staff and stakeholders about SVA’s Southern expansion strategies
- Communicate with staff and stakeholders about SVA’s Frontline Funds and other rapid response granting
- Provide administrative support to Frontline Funds Director, Wesley Morris
- Provide program support to Frontline Funds Director, Wesley Morris
- Other duties as assigned
- Supervised by Wesley Morris
- Report to supervisor and Frontline Funds team
- Collaborate with staff to complete responsibilities
Submit the following to email@example.com:
- Subject line: “SVA Frontline Funds Associate application for <YOUR NAME>”
- Please attach the following:
- a cover letter, and
- three references, including a recent supervisor and colleague (name, phone, email, relationship to you).
About Southern Vision Alliance
Southern Vision Alliance (SVA) is a justice centered values-based “grassroots intermediary” organized to provide incubation, infrastructure, capacity building, coaching, and technical assistance to frontline organizing projects, leadership programs, and collaborations led by directly-impacted communities in the US South. We are an anchor for frontline groups and leaders to disrupt and transform power for collective liberation.
SVA is headquartered in Durham, NC and supports a diverse cohort of fiscally sponsored projects groups and funds across North Carolina.
People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to a diverse workplace and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.
SVA is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discriminatory employment actions and treatment against employees and applicants for employment based on actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, familial status, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, and/or past incarceration.