Southern Vision Alliance Seeks PT Finance Associate
Time Period: Beginning Summer 2017
Initial 1-year contract with opportunities to expand and/or renew position
Summary: The Southern Vision Alliance is looking for a detail-oriented and patient person with a background in budgeting and bookkeeping to join our team to support the executive director, CFO, and member organizations. They will work under the direction of the ED and CFO. This person must share SVA’s vision and values.
The Finance Associate will help SVA and its members with bookkeeping, budgeting, and forecasting that will help inform program decisions for SVA, its core programs, and its members.
Desirable experiences and skills include: experience with Quickbooks, budgeting and financial management for nonprofits, comfortable understanding and developing line-item, cash-flow, and program budgets. Experience conducting workshops, classes, or training, and working with small community-based organizations in a plus.
- Assist the CFO with receipts and other bookkeeping tasks using Quickbooks
- Support members in managing and tracking their petty cash
- Support members in developing their annual budgets and mid-year budget adjustments (budgets range from $5k/year to $160k/year)
- Support member organizations with financial literacy workshops and coaching
- Work with ED on organizational cash-flow, program budgets, and forecasting
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and remain self motivated
- Attention to details and willingness to patiently work with partners
- Experience with Quickbooks
- Background or training in business, non-profit management a plus
WHAT IS THE SOUTHERN VISION ALLIANCE
SVA is a grassroots intermediary dedicated to supporting grassroot efforts to advance social, racial, economic, and environmental justice, with a special emphasis on youth-led and youth-centered efforts. SVA is headquartered in Durham, NC and supports 12 member programs and organizations across North Carolina, including Ignite NC, the Youth Organizing Institute, Muslims for Social Justice, and the #WeAreThis Queer Youth Mobilization Fund.
COMPENSATION: $25-$40/hr depending on experience.
Candidate must be willing to work 15 hours/month, up to 50 hours/quarter, including at least a few days in SVA’s Durham-based office.
Submit the following to email@example.com:
Subject line: “SVA finance associate application for <YOUR NAME>”
- In the body of the email include:
- a cover letter describing your interest in the position,
- any relevant experiences,
- three references (Name, Phone, Email, Relationship to you)
- a short bio of yourself
- Include the best way to contact you.
- Attach a copy of your resume
Position open until filled.