Are you organizing for student power on campus? Are you hosting an event to inspire revolutionary change? Are you gathering young people for healing justice work or reflection?
The overarching goal of the CYPF is to connect as many young people to resources to support ideas and projects that actively take up civic and social justice issues. Young people between the ages of 13-25 and those leading organizations supporting young people may apply for grants of up to $1000 to fund an event or project.
The CYPF will consider Mini Grant requests that advance one or more of the following goals:
- Organizing for power on campus!
- Engages young people around a social justice issue!
- Seeking revolutionary change!
- Builds relationships with impacted communities!
- Hosts healing justice and reflection space!
- The project must be led by young people between the ages of 13-25.
- The project must be led by people directly impacted by the issue(s) – particularly Black, Muslim, immigrant, and/or LGBTQ youth.
- The applicant should request no more than $1000.
- The application must demonstrate that the project will empower young people with the skills and resources to engage with one or more critical issues in the state.
*Activities cannot include any campaigns for or against political candidates. Activities cannot be conducted for the purpose of personal benefit. 501(c)(3)s have limitations on how much activity can be conducted to influence legislation.