Organization: Southern Vision Alliance
Position: Development Associate
Hours/week: 30-35hr/week, non-exempt
Prior Experience Requirement: At least 1 year prior experience
Duration of Contract: Pending 90 day review, option to sign 1-3 year contract
Compensation: Salary range $31,000-$36,000, commensurate with experience. SVA uses an equity pay scale to determine compensation.
Benefits: generous package (employer pays 75% of premium healthcare plan with BCBSNC + dental)
Application Deadline: October 16, 2020
Start Date: Projected for November 2020
The Southern Vision Alliance (SVA) is looking for a detail-oriented person to support the Co-Executive Directors with fund development tasks. This person must have a demonstrated commitment to SVA’s mission, vision, and values.
Desirable experiences and skills
Experience with databases, Microsoft office basics, managing multiple calendars, great people skills, filing and organization, writing and editing, ability to work solo and on teams, an understanding of organizational development and strategic planning concepts, and/or an ability to pick things up and learn quickly.
- At least 1 year of prior experience in development and fundraising
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Experience with databases
- Ability to multitask in a busy environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and remain self-motivated
- Willingness to collaborate with others team members, program officers, funders, and the board of directors
- Supervised by one of the Co-Executive Directors and reporting to the Development Team of the staff and board.
- Collaborate with staff to complete responsibilities.
- Support the development team with administrative tasks
- Schedule and arrange the logistics for Co-Executive Directors’ meetings with donors or foundation contacts
- Schedule and participate in weekly development team meetings
- Send communications to funders as requested
- Write thank-you notes to funders of SVA
- Track deadlines for grant applications and report due dates for Co-EDs
- Create 1-pagers for fundraising pitches
- Research and prospect new potential revenue sources and foundation relationships
- Update funderdata in PowerBase
- Suggest improvements or modifications for standard operating procedures related to foundations and donor relations
- Edit grant applications and reports as requested
- Schedule quarterly Program Officer (PO) reports planning process
- Edit PO reports as requested
- Assist other SVA program directors in supporting Sponsored Projects’ development related tasks
- Gathering supporting documents for Fiscal Sponsored Projects grant applications
- Other duties as assigned
Submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Subject line: “SVA Development Associate application for <YOUR NAME>”
- In the body of the email include:
- a cover letter describing your interest in the position,
- any relevant experiences,
- three references, including a recent supervisor and colleague (name, phone, email, relationship to you)
- a short bio of yourself.
- Include the best way to contact you.
- Attach a copy of your resume.
About Southern Vision Alliance
Southern Vision Alliance is a justice-centered, values-based “grassroots intermediary” organized to provide infrastructure, capacity building, coaching, and technical assistance to groups and projects led by youth and directly-impacted communities.
SVA supports emergent grassroots groups and efforts organizing for social, racial, economic, gender, and environmental justice in the U.S. South. We build movement infrastructure, mobilize resources, and incubate collaborative solidarity.
SVA is headquartered in Durham, NC and supports a diverse cohort of fiscally sponsored projects groups and funds across North Carolina.
People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to a diverse workplace and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.
SVA is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discriminatory employment actions and treatment against employees and applicants for employment based on actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, familial status, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, and/or past incarceration.