Southern Vision Alliance Seeks Temporary PT Spanish-fluent Finance and Operations Associate
Time Period: Beginning Summer 2019
Initial contract through December 2019, with opportunities to expand and/or renew position
The Southern Vision Alliance is looking for a detail-oriented, responsive, and patient person with a background in bookkeeping, asset management, to join our team to support the Finance Director and Director of Office Operations. They will work under the direction of the Financial Operations Director. This person must have a demonstrated commitment to SVA’s mission, vision, and values.
The Finance Associate will help SVA with bookkeeping, reconciliations, billing, accounts payable, budgeting, reporting, invoicing, inventory, purchasing, donation tracking, and communicating with programs and members.
Desired Start Date: Week of August 19
Rate of Pay: $15/hr depending on experience
Number of hours/week: Approximately 20
Category: Temporary hourly employee
Desirable experiences and skills include: General understanding of accounting, experience with account softwares, such as Expensify, Quickbooks. Good email responsiveness, task-oriented, with experience in financial management for nonprofits.
- Assist the Finance Director with monthly reconciliations receipts and other bookkeeping tasks.
- Regular communication with staff, funds, and member organizations.
- Support members groups, funds, and programs to manage and track their revenue and expenses
- Support good organization systems for our Durham office space.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Good attitude and team oriented.
- Ability to meet deadlines and remain self motivated.
- Training or background in accounting.
- Attention to details and willingness to patiently work with partners.
- In office during work hours.
- Quick to pick up new software and systems.
WHAT IS THE SOUTHERN VISION ALLIANCE
SVA is a grassroots intermediary dedicated to supporting grassroot efforts to advance social, racial, economic, and environmental justice, with a special emphasis on youth-led and youth-centered efforts. SVA is headquartered in Durham, NC and supports 12 member groups and funds across North Carolina, including Ignite NC, the Youth Organizing Institute, and the #WeAreThis Queer Youth Mobilization Fund.
Candidate must be willing to work 20hours/week in SVA’s Durham-based office.
Submit the following to email@example.com:
- Subject line: “SVA finance associate application for <YOUR NAME>”
- In the body of the email include:
- a cover letter describing your interest in the position,
- any relevant experiences,
- three references, including someone who can describe your spanish-language competency (Name, Phone, Email, Relationship to you)
- a short bio of yourself
- Include the best way to contact you
- Attach a copy of your resume
- Position open until filled. Please apply by July 24, 2019.