Operations and Finance Specialist
Organization: Southern Vision Alliance
Position: Finance and Operations Specialists
Hours/week: 30-35hr/week, non-exempt
Prior Experience Requirement: at least 1 year prior experience
Duration of Contract: Pending 90 day review, option to sign 1-3 year contract
Application Deadline: Will be open until filled
Compensation: Salary, starting at $31,000-$36,000, commensurate with experience. SVA uses an equity pay scale to determine compensation.
Benefits: generous package (employer pays 75% of premium healthcare plan with BCBSNC + dental)
The Southern Vision Alliance is looking for an experienced, detail-oriented, responsive, and patient person with a background in bookkeeping, asset management, to join our team to support support the Finance and Operations Department. This person must have a demonstrated commitment to SVA’s mission, vision, and values.
The Finance and Operations Specialist will help SVA with facilities management, bookkeeping, reconciliations, billing, accounts payable, budgeting, reporting, invoicing, inventory, purchasing, donation and grants tracking, and communicating with programs and fiscally sponsored projects.
Desirable experiences and skills include: General understanding of accounting, experience with account softwares, such as Expensify, Quickbooks a plus. Good email responsiveness, task-oriented, with experience in financial management for nonprofits. Project management experience and ability to support a diverse group of people/leaders. Spanish fluency a plus.
- Assist the Finance Director with monthly reconciliations receipts and other bookkeeping tasks.
- Regular communication with staff, funds, and fiscally sponsored projects.
- Support fiscally sponsored projects, funds, and programs to manage and track their revenue and expenses
- Support good organization systems for our Durham office space.
- Grants tracking system and reporting reminders
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Training or background in bookkeeping or accounting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good attitude and team oriented.
- Ability to meet deadlines and remain self motivated.
- Attention to details and willingness to patiently work with partners.
- In office during work hours.
- Quick to pick up new software and systems.
- Ability to be nimble and responsive to changing needs in a fast-paced work environment.
- Interest to train others in compliance
WHAT IS THE SOUTHERN VISION ALLIANCE
Southern Vision Alliance (SVA) is a values-based “grassroots intermediary” organized to provide infrastructure, capacity building, coaching, and technical assistance to groups and projects led by youth and directly-impacted communities.
SVA supports emergent grassroots groups and efforts organizing for social, racial, economic, gender, and environmental justice in the U.S. South. We build movement infrastructure, mobilize resources, and incubate collaborative solidarity.
SVA is headquartered in Durham, NC and supports a diverse cohort of fiscally sponsored projects groups and funds across North Carolina.
Submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Subject line: “SVA Operations & Finance Specialist application for <YOUR NAME>”
- In the body of the email include:
- a cover letter describing your interest in the position,
- any relevant experiences,
- three references, including someone who can describe your spanish-language competency if applicable (Name, Phone, Email, Relationship to you)
- a short bio of yourself
- Include the best way to contact you
- Attach a copy of your resume
- Position open until filled. Please apply by January 15, 2020.
People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to a diverse workplace and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.
SVA is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discriminatory employment actions and treatment against employees and applicants for employment based on actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, familial status, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, and/or past incarceration.