Southern Vision Alliance Solidarity and Resistance Hubs Coordinator
Organization: Southern Vision Alliance
Position: Solidarity and Resistance Hubs Coordinator
Hours/week: 35-40hr/week, exempt full-time
Prior Experience Requirement: at least 2 years prior experience in facilities management
Duration of Contract: Pending 90 day review, option to sign 1-3 year contract
Application Deadline: Will be open until filled
Compensation: Salary, starting at $42,000 for FT, commensurate with experience. SVA uses an equity pay scale to determine compensation.
Benefits: generous package (employer pays 75% of premium healthcare plan with BCBSNC + dental)
The Southern Vision Alliance is looking for a bold, detailed oriented visionary to design and execute facilities management processes and build a network of solidarity and resilience hubs across the South. Solidarity hubs are physical meeting spaces that can include co-working or meet other community needs, such as a lending library of movement assets (books, PA and sound equipment, screen-printing, etc.)
SVA is committed to investing in movement infrastructure and resourcing innovative, bold grassroots efforts led by directly impacted communities across the U.S. South. The current political climate demands that our movements be nimble, strategic and visionary.
Desirable experiences and skills include:
Facilities management experience, event planning experience, and the ability to coordinate with diverse groups in identifying resource-sharing opportunities. Ability to travel is a must.
- Run a model community center that serves as a nexus of positive energy and solidarity, that supports emergent, bold efforts by grassroots groups, and that hosts welcoming community-building activities.
- Work with others to replicate this model in other geographies.
- Maintain a network of solidarity and resistance hubs.
- Create and curate “a brand” that centers solidarity, cooperation, resistance, resiliency, and high quality consistent services and asset and facilities management.
- Create and engage a stable group of monthly sustainers.
- Build and support a diverse community-directed advisory board to guide the vision and health of the facilities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good attitude and team oriented.
- Ability to meet deadlines and remain self motivated.
- Attention to details and willingness to patiently work with partners.
- Ability to be nimble and responsive to changing needs in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to manage budgets and conduct grassroots fundraising campaigns.
- Conversational Spanish would be a plus
WHAT IS THE SOUTHERN VISION ALLIANCE
Southern Vision Alliance (SVA) is a values-based “grassroots intermediary” organized to provide infrastructure, capacity building, coaching, and technical assistance to groups and projects led by youth and directly-impacted communities.
SVA supports emergent grassroots groups and efforts organizing for social, racial, economic, gender, and environmental justice in the U.S. South. We build movement infrastructure, mobilize resources, and incubate collaborative solidarity.
SVA is headquartered in Durham, NC and supports a diverse cohort of fiscally sponsored projects groups and funds.
Submit an email with the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Subject line: “SVA Solidarity Hub Coordinator application <YOUR NAME>”
- In the body of the email include:
- a cover letter describing your interest in the position,
- any relevant experiences,
- three references, including someone who can describe your spanish-language competency if applicable (Name, Phone, Email, Relationship to you)
- a short bio of yourself
- Include the best way to contact you
- Attach a copy of your resume
- Position open until filled. Please apply by January 10, 2020.
People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to a diverse workplace and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.
SVA is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discriminatory employment actions and treatment against employees and applicants for employment based on actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, familial status, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, and/or past incarceration.
SVA Category Dept/Hub Team Lead: Category C