Southern Vision Alliance Seeks Operations Fellow
Time Period: June – December 2017
(opportunity to continue fellowship through spring of 2018)
Summary: The Southern Vision Alliance (SVA) is looking for a detail-oriented and enthusiastic young person to help support operations work over the summer and/or fall semester. This is a great entry-level fellowship for students that are interested in in gaining experience in operations and non-profit management.
The fellow will work under the direction of the Deputy Director and Executive Staff. This person must share SVA’s vision and values.
Schedule: Candidate must be willing to work 5-10 hours/week (up to 25 hours/month) in SVA’s Durham-based office each week.
Fellows will work in the following areas: database support, internal and external communications, meeting and event logistics, fundraising materials, help keep the office running smoothly, and support SVA’s member organizations as needed.
Desirable experiences and skills (but not required): experience with databases, graphic design, wordpress based websites, filing and organization, writing and editing, ability to work solo and on teams, an understanding of organizational development and strategic planning concepts, and/or an ability to pick things up and learn quickly. Bilingual English/Spanish, able to translate documents and emails
- Work under the direction of the Deputy Director to support the operations and back-end management of the organization.
- Help produce outreach materials (brochures, pamphlets, infographics, etc.)
- Help SVA members develop petitions, emails, etc. using our CRM (constituent relationship manager), PowerBase
- Collaborate with staff to complete responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Ability to multitask in a busy office environment
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and remain self motivated
- Willingness to collaborate with other fellows, member organizations and staff
- Experience with databases, wordpress, google docs, dropbox, and adobe creative suite a plus
WHAT IS THE SOUTHERN VISION ALLIANCE
SVA is a grassroots intermediary dedicated to supporting grassroot efforts to advance social, racial, economic, and environmental justice, with a special emphasis on youth-led and youth-centered efforts. SVA is headquartered in Durham, NC and supports 14 member organizations across North Carolina, including Ignite NC, the Youth Organizing Institute, Muslims for Social Justice, and the We Are This Queer Youth Mobilization Fund.
Soma contains carisoprodol that may cause sedative effects in some patients. Thus, despite its generally high effectiveness, generic Soma should be administered with care: patients must avoid mixing the drug with alcohol or any drugs with known sedative properties.
Submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Subject line: “SVA operations fellow application for <YOUR NAME>”
“In the body of the email include:
- a cover letter describing your interest in the position
- any relevant experiences
- Three references (Name, Phone, Email, Relationship to you)
- a short bio of yourself”
- Attach a copy of your resume
- Position open until filled