People’s Solidarity Hub Associate
Organization: Southern Vision Alliance
Position: People’s Solidarity Hub Associate
Hours/week: Part time, 20 hours, salaried staff, associate level
Category: Non-exempt employee
Desired Start Date: June 1, 2022
Compensation: $22,000 annually, with 90 day review
Application deadline: Position open until filled.
Location: Triangle/Triad/Raleigh/Durham, North Carolina
The Southern Vision Alliance (SVA) is looking for a detail-oriented person to support the People’s Solidarity Hub in Durham, NC. This person must have a demonstrated commitment to SVA’s mission, vision, and values.
Desirable experiences and skills
- 3 + years of experience in event planning and implementation
- Skilled in facilitation, de-escalation, and working with dynamic groups of people
- Experience with databases or basic inventory management
- Flexible availability, able to work different weekly & weekend hours based on the changing schedule of events
- Willingness to take direction, follow through and implement tasks as assigned
- Quick to pick up new software and systems
- Willingness to patiently work with community members and friends of the space and foster an environment of welcome, openness and shared best intentions
- Nimble and responsive to changing needs in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to multitask in a busy environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and remain self-motivated
- Willingness to collaborate with other team members, program officers, funders, advisory council and the board of directors
- Supervised by the Associate Director of Operations, HR and Physical Spaces.
- Collaborate with staff to complete responsibilities.
- Maintain the Resistance Resource Lending Library, ensure the maintenance and upkeep of items, utilize database for tracking check out, return and availability of items.
- Support SVA and all other users of the PSH in their events. Including set up and clean up of space, moving chairs and tables, light tech assistance, and being responsive to emerging needs and situations on site.
- Orient new users of the space to the ins and outs of PSH operation and use.
- Maintain general cleanliness and upkeep of the People’s Solidarity Hub building
- Other duties as assigned
Submit the following to email@example.com:
- Subject line: “SVA People’s Solidarity Hub Associate application for <YOUR NAME>”
- Please attach the following:
- a cover letter, and
- three references, including a recent supervisor and colleague (name, phone, email, relationship to you)
About Southern Vision Alliance
Southern Vision Alliance (SVA) is a justice centered values-based “grassroots intermediary” organized to provide incubation, infrastructure, capacity building, coaching, and technical assistance to frontline organizing projects, leadership programs, and collaborations led by directly-impacted communities in the US South. We are an anchor for frontline groups and leaders to disrupt and transform power for collective liberation.
SVA is headquartered in Durham, NC and supports a diverse cohort of fiscally sponsored projects and funds across North Carolina.
- We hire people who will do excellent work for Southern Vision Alliance and its Sponsored Projects.
- We prioritize transparent, accountable hiring processes.
- We develop clear, replicable work systems that allow for new people to enter the work and for existing employees to evolve their roles and move into new positions.
- We proactively work to identify and cultivate potential candidates for open positions at SVA who are: North Carolinians, people of color, trans* or gender non-conforming, chronically ill and disabled, or others who may face obstacles to employment in the mainstream economy.
- We hire people who align with the mission and values of SVA.
- We hire people who have direct experiences with the problems we are working to address.
- We hire people who will contribute to a healthy, collaborative, fun, productive, always-evolving workplace culture.
SVA is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages people of color, women, LGBTQ+, and people with disabilities to apply.
SVA is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discriminatory employment actions and treatment against employees and applicants for employment based on actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, familial status, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, and/or past incarceration.