The Stop Evictions Network is a broad, coalitional effort of concerned individuals and organizations fighting to end evictions and for affordable housing in North Carolina. We are eager to move small grants to as many grassroots efforts as possible organizing in response to the eviction crisis.
This grant will priorize:
- Priority to rapid response efforts that tackle issues related to stopping evictions, tenants organizing groups, and legislative efforts related to housing justice in NC.
- Priority will be given to groups with limited access to traditional non-profit funding streams.
- Priority will be given to efforts led by people directly impacted (people of color, working class, immigrants, tenants, etc.) by the issue of housing insecurity.
- The project must be related to housing justice, evictions, or tenants’ rights.
- The project must take place in North Carolina.
- The maximum mini-grant amount is $500.
- The application must demonstrate how the project is related to housing justice in North Carolina.
- These are not funds for individuals, only groups or collective organizing efforts (no official 501c3 status required).
*Activities cannot include any campaigns for or against political candidates. Activities cannot be conducted for the purpose of personal benefit. 501(c)(3)s have limitations on how much activity can be conducted to influence legislation.
Make a Donation
Headquartered in Durham, NC, Southern Vision Alliance is a 501c3 non-profit charitable organization, donations are exempt to the extent provided by law. SVA provides values-based administration and operations support to frontline groups and initiatives across the region. Your donation supports the programmatic work and the administrative operations that enable sponsored projects of SVA to thrive and comply with all legal and 501c3 regulations. SVA’s Charitable Solicitation License Number is: SL009123