Organization: Southern Vision Alliance
Position: Sponsored Projects Operations Associate
Hours/week: 30 hours per week
Category: Part-time, non-exempt employee
Duration of Contract: May 1 – December 31, 2021 with a 90-day review
Desired Start Date: May 1, 2021
Benefits: Includes a generous package of health, dental, and vision insurance with SVA paying 75% of premiums.
Application deadline: Position open until filled. Please apply by April 23, 2021.
The Southern Vision Alliance is looking for an experienced, detail-oriented, responsive, and patient person to join our team as the Sponsored Projects Operations Associate. This person must have a demonstrated commitment to SVA’s mission, vision, and values.
SVA’s Sponsored Projects program provides fiscal sponsorship to groups and organizations that share SVA’s values. Fiscal sponsorship is a legal relationship through which a 501(c)(3) public charitable organization sponsors an individual or group that requires the benefits of the tax-exempt and legal status of the sponsoring organization to realize a project. Sponsored Projects are able to access vital capacity-building resources in accounting, fundraising, and HR.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Clear and demonstrated commitment to SVA’s core values of social justice, racial justice, and collective liberation
- Ability to play a supportive role to a diverse group of people
- Strong customer service skills, including timely email responsiveness
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good attitude and team-oriented
- Ability to meet deadlines and remain self-motivated
- Attention to detail and willingness to patiently work with partners
- Available during typical business hours in EST
- Nimble and responsive to changing needs in a fast-paced work environment
- Teaching, training, group facilitation, and/or public speaking preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literacy, including word processing, desktop publishing and database software● High proficiency with spreadsheets
- Quick to pick up new software and systems
- Excellent record-keeping abilities
- Spanish speaker is a plus
- Handle the day-to-day management of the fiscal sponsorship and outreach activities● Ensure that members of Sponsored Projects are promptly assisted, questions answered,research completed, and reports provided
- Research and analyze community needs and developing initiative opportunities to servesouthern communities in alignment with the SVA’s mission, vision, and identified priorities● Provide leadership, vision, and strategic direction including creating innovativeSponsorship Projects, new applications for existing programs, and securing diverseprivate and government revenue streams to support the services we provide tocommunity-based initiatives
- Oversee the recruitment and retention Sponsored Projects
- Develop and manage program budgets and operating plans
- Negotiate MOUs, team agreements, partnerships, and contracts consistent withorganizational policies and procedures
- Manage assignments in SVA’s intranet related to supportive services requests● Ensure systems are in place to hold Sponsored Projects in compliance● Ensure principles and standards for effective service delivery and partnerships are
incorporated in policies and procedures for Sponsored Projects’ staff in agreement with partners and affiliates
- Provide administrative support for Joe Lewis
- Other duties as assigned
- Supervised by Joe Lewis
- Reporting to supervisor and accountable to the Sponsored Projects team ● Collaborating with staff to complete responsibilities
Submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Subject line: “SVA SP Operations Associate application for <YOUR NAME>” ● Please attach the following:
- a cover letter, and
- three references, including a recent supervisor and colleague (name, phone, email, relationship to you).
About Southern Vision Alliance
Southern Vision Alliance (SVA) is a justice centered values-based “grassroots intermediary” organized to provide incubation, infrastructure, capacity building, coaching, and technical assistance to frontline organizing projects, leadership programs, and collaborations led by directly-impacted communities in the US South. We are an anchor for frontline groups and leaders to disrupt and transform power for collective liberation.
SVA is headquartered in Durham, NC and supports a diverse cohort of fiscally Sponsored Projects groups and funds across North Carolina.
People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to a diverse workplace and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.
SVA is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discriminatory employment actions and treatment against employees and applicants for employment based on actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, familial status, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, and/or past incarceration.